Sunday 6 December 2015

#bookjamsessions System of a Down’sChop Suey (performed by 5 yr old Eduarda Henklein) paired with Cassandra Clare’s Mortal Instruments


The instant I saw this video I knew I had to find a book to match it. System of a Down has always been epic, but throw in a 5 year old drummer and WHAM! That’s just awesome.

Chop Suey epitomize’s YA elements like SOAD falls in as an alternative metal band – they just make sense together. And I don’t know another YA series that screams rock like Mortal Instruments: leather clad Shadowhunters, clubs like Pandemonium, half-human angels, and tattoos of runes that give the wearer supernatural abilities.
Plus SOAD’s lyrics for Chop Suey are poetic by themselves…Hide the scars to fade away the shake-up…Why have you forsaken me….I cry when angels deserve to die…They’re out of context - don’t take them literally. It’s like a book, find the hidden meaning and its that much better.
So if you are looking for a good rock and roll match up, throw on Chop Suey, grab a copy of City of Bones, and get your music on.


No comments:

Post a Comment